Coronavirus: Health CS Mutahi Kagwe confirms 8 new cases, bringing total to 15

Coronavirus: Health CS Mutahi Kagwe confirms 8 new cases, bringing total to 15

This brings the total to 15 since the first case was reported in Nairobi on Friday, March 13. Out of the latest eight cases, five are Kenyans and three are foreign nationals. 

All the eight are imported cases from Europe and America. The ages are between 20 for the youngest and 67 years for the oldest. “Much to our disappointment, we have noted that the majority of our people have continued to ignore these measures and are behaving as if it is business as usual. As I cautioned last week, this disease is not a joke. Kenyans must treat this matter with the seriousness it deserves by adjusting and changing their lifestyles. If we continue to behave normally, this disease will treat us abnormally. Behaving normally under these circumstances is akin to having a death wish,” Kagwe said as he spelt out more stringent rules to ward off the killer infection.

Kagwe said that everyone coming to the country will undergo compulsory self-quarantine at a government facility at their own cost. All international flights are suspended effective Wednesday, March 25 midnight, except cargo flight whose crew must observe strict guidelines.